- Anker PowerPort Cube Best USB Power Strip: Overload Protection for iPhone
- Loop Frame: The smart digital frame that connects your family
- Google Nest Audio: Amazing Sounding Smart Speaker at Your Command
- Apple HomePod mini: A powerful smart speaker with amazing sound
- Fujifilm GFX 50R: Mirrorless Medium Format Camera
- Google Motion Stills iPhone app that turns Live Photos into amazing GIFs
- Sony PlayStation VR: Don’t just play, Live the game
- Google Wallet adds way to send money to anyone in your contact list
- How to manage your Google Now card history
- Apple iPad Pro: A Tablet With The Performance of A Laptop
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime: Samsung’s first-ever selfie smartphone
Samsung has launched its first-ever selfie smartphone, named Galaxy Grand Prime, the smartphone with 5.00-inch 540×960 display powered by 1.2GHz processor alongside 1GB RAM and 8-megapixel rear camera.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime has a 5-inch display with 960x540p resolution and runs on a 1.2GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. It packs 8GB internal storage and supports microSD cards with capacities up to 64GB.
The thickness of the Galaxy Grand Prime is listed as 8.6mm, and the retailer also mentioned that the Galaxy Prime will feature 14 regional languages out of the box. In terms of color variants, the device is will be offered in white and black.
The Galaxy Grand Prime runs on a 1.2GHz quad-core processor with 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory expandable up to 64GB through microSD card and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat OS with Samsung’s Touch Wiz user interface.
The rear camera can take 8MP photos and is backed by LED flash. Connectivity options in Galaxy Grand Prime include 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB 2.0. It has a 2,600mAh battery that offers day-long battery life, according to Samsung.
Furthermore, Samsung isn’t the first vendor to launch a selfie-focused device in India, as Sony launched the Xperia C3 in the country earlier this month. The Xperia C3 comes with better specs and is priced higher than Samsung’s offering in this segment.
Slim, but powerful
Only 8.6 millimeters thick, the GALAXY Grand Prime combines sophistication and powerful performance, compressing all the essential features for fun on the go into a sleek, modern package. But svelte doesn’t mean small: The 12.64 cm (5) qHD display makes sure nothing cramps your style.
The GALAXY Grand Prime is equipped with a powerful 1.2 GHz Quad Core processor for blazing-fast multitasking performance, no matter how much you have going on.
Get everyone in the shot
Selfies with friends have never looked better. The GALAXY Grand Prime has a 5 MP front camera with an ultra-wide view angle of 85 degrees. The wider angle of view means you can get more of your friends and more of the background in every shot—and leave the selfie stick at home. The high resolution ensures you’ll get crisper, more awesome photos that you can’t wait to post.
Latest OS Kitkat
Powered by KitKat 4.4, the latest version of the Android OS, the GALAXY Grand Prime is packed with tons of useful features for better usability, enhanced performance, and greater productivity. It’s one of the few smartphones in this range that comes equipped with KitKat.
You won’t have to worry about your phone running out of juice at the wrong moment. The GALAXY Grand Prime offers a 2,600 mAh battery, so you can watch video, listen to music and keep your apps running for even longer.
Key Features of Samsung Grand Prime:
- 8 MP Primary Camera
- 5-inch Touchscreen, 540 x 960 px display
- Android v4.4 (KitKat) OS
- 5 MP Secondary Camera
- Expandable Storage Capacity of 64 GB
- Dual Sim (GSM + GSM), 3G, Wi-Fi
- 1.2 GHz Quad Core Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB inbuilt memory
- Memory Card Supported, upto 64 GB