- Anker PowerPort Cube Best USB Power Strip: Overload Protection for iPhone
- Loop Frame: The smart digital frame that connects your family
- Google Nest Audio: Amazing Sounding Smart Speaker at Your Command
- Apple HomePod mini: A powerful smart speaker with amazing sound
- Fujifilm GFX 50R: Mirrorless Medium Format Camera
- Google Motion Stills iPhone app that turns Live Photos into amazing GIFs
- Sony PlayStation VR: Don’t just play, Live the game
- Google Wallet adds way to send money to anyone in your contact list
- How to manage your Google Now card history
- Apple iPad Pro: A Tablet With The Performance of A Laptop
Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro True Wireless Earbuds Review
The Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro by the longstanding charging brand Anker look to offer good sound, long battery life and noise-cancelling at almost half the price of Apple’s AirPods Pro – and largely achieves the goal.
The Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds share a similar “stem” design of the previous generation Liberty Air 2. The photos in this review show the black color option which has a sleek appearance.
The True Wireless Earbuds are attractive and in blue they don’t look like an AirPod rip-offs. They weigh 5.2g each, are splash resistant and have a light but secure fit that is comfortable for extended listening periods, avoiding putting any undue pressure on the soft parts of your ear.
The earbuds are also available in white, pink and blue. Compared to the previous Liberty Air 2, the new Liberty Air 2 Pro have a bit more branding with the full “Soundcore” logo etched down the stem of the earbud.
The case has changed and now shares the same type of “slider” design as the Liberty 2 Pro. I like this design as it has a sort of futuristic feel to it while still being easy to use with just one hand. The earbuds turn on as soon as the slider is opened, which automatically begins the pairing process to the last device they connected to. By the time you put them in your ears, they’re likely already connected to your phone.
The Air 2 Pro are standard Bluetooth 5 earbuds and support the universal SBC and AAC audio standards used by most devices. Each earbud can be used on its own but they do not support seamless switching, meaning you have to manually disconnect them from one device to connect to another.
The new Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds now feature Active Noise Cancellation that helps block outside sounds and doesn’t seem to affect the sound quality of the music you’re playing. There are 3 different settings for the Active Noise Cancellation which allows you to adjust them to your environment.
The earbuds have tap controls with double tap and tap-and-hold options for either pause/play, track skip, triggering your phone’s voice assistant, adjusting the volume or changing the noise-cancelling mode.
The earbuds last about six hours of playback with noise-cancelling turned on between charges. The case can fully charge them 2.5 times for a total playback time of 21 hours.
Targeted Active Noise Cancelling
Get near-silence in any scenario thanks to triple-mode noise cancelling. With optimized profiles for Indoor, Outdoor, and Transport, you can escape into pure sound from any location.
Use the Soundcore app to map your unique listening profile and generate tailor-made EQ settings. A fully personalized sound signature ensures everyone gets the perfect listening experience.
Take complete control via your phone. Change audio and noise cancelling profiles, adjust touch controls, and even more.
Listen to 7 hours of music from a single charge and boost it to 26 with the charging case. Plenty of power for even the longest commutes.
Liberty Air 2 Pro includes a plethora of eartips to ensure maximum comfort for all listeners.
Simple Secure Fit
Get a confident and satisfying fit in only 3 steps. A secure fit will enhance noise cancellation.
Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro Key Features:
- Pure Sound via Targeted Active Noise Cancelling: Choose your scenario via the Soundcore app and listen as ambient sounds disappear to leave you with nothing but pure sound.
- PureNote Driver Technology: Get a 45% boost to your bass, and a 30% wider frequency bandwidth than ordinary drivers. Drivers coated with 10 hardened nano-layers offer incredible stiffness to generate stunning accuracy and clarity.
- HearID Personalized EQ: To ensure a perfect listening experience, HearID intelligently analyses your unique hearing profile and creates a tailor-made sound setup just for your ears. Or take complete control of the sound with the adjustable EQ or 22 preset sound profiles.
- Up to 26 Hours of Playtime: Get 7 hours of playback from a single charge on the earbuds with up to 3 recharges from the charging case.
- Clear Calls: 6 noise-cancelling microphones with noise reduction ensure your voice is isolated and transmitted in high-clarity for a face-to-face experience.
The good: solid noise-cancelling, good sound, good value, solid battery, comfortable fit, lots of tips included, good app, Bluetooth 5, either bud can be used independently, AAC support.
The bad: tap controls a bit limited, no seamless switching, case a little bigger than ideal, can’t connect to two devices at once, no higher quality audio standards, only splash resistant, disposable.