- The Power of ChatGPT: Revolutionizing Natural Language Processing
- The Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2: A Sleek and Powerful Chromebook
- Anker PowerPort Cube Best USB Power Strip: Overload Protection for iPhone
- Loop Frame: The smart digital frame that connects your family
- Google Nest Audio: Amazing Sounding Smart Speaker at Your Command
- Apple HomePod mini: A powerful smart speaker with amazing sound
- Fujifilm GFX 50R: Mirrorless Medium Format Camera
- Google Motion Stills iPhone app that turns Live Photos into amazing GIFs
- Sony PlayStation VR: Don’t just play, Live the game
- Google Wallet adds way to send money to anyone in your contact list
Google Calendar App Gets Complete Refresh With Smarter Features for Android
Google officially released a brand new Google Calendar application that offers a complete refresh on the company’s previous calendar app. It will be immediately available on all new Android 5.0 Lollipop devices, such as the Nexus 9 that’s available today, and the new Nexus 6. It’s also going to roll-out to all Android devices running Android 4.1+ in the coming weeks, which means you’ll be able to use it without buying a new device.
The old Google Calendar app was pretty much manual entry for events. You had to scroll times and dates, enter an event name, address for the event and all people involved. The new app includes three key updates that allow it to fill in the blanks and make suggestions for you, shortly after you start to type in your event.
The core of the Google Calendar app is of course the events themselves. Google’s Calendar app now automates the events process by gathering info from your email inbox and guessing what you are doing.
The new Google Calendar is available now for smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 Lollipop. Support for devices on Android 4.1 and higher will get access through an update via Google Play in the coming weeks. And the company said it’s working on a version for Apple’s iPhone as well.
For a closer look at the new Google Calendar look, check out the promo clip below: